With the special adhesivePOLYCARBONATprofi our own brand S-Polybond in the reliable 100ml needle bottle, we offer you a high quality cold welding adhesive, which was developed for the bonding of polycarbonate (also known under the brand names Lexan® or Makrolon®). The runny adhesive cures transparent clear and is therefore perfect for bonding transparent polycarbonate or colored polycarbonate sheets in a translucent or opal version. Also opaque, solid-colored plates made of polycarbonate can be easily glued with this.
In addition, our S-PolybondPOLYCARBONATprofi also glues polycarbonate together with other plastics, such as ABS, ASA, PMMA (acrylic, Plexiglas®), SAN, polystyrene and many more. The bonding of polycarbonate with solvent-resistant plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene or PTFE is not possible.
Our S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofiis completely colorless and was specially developed for gluing in the cold welding process of transparent polycarbonate plastic. Thanks to the water-like consistency, the adhesive flows into the smallest gap and is therefore also perfect for repairing and sticking cracks or fractures
POLYCARBONATprofi is a biodegradable cold-crack adhesive and volatilizes completely during curing, so that the properties in relation t to the temperature ranges of the polycarbonate are not affected. In addition, the bond is impermeable to water after curing and, depending on the constitution of the surfaces and care in the bonding almost are no longer visible.
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is a special adhesive for the bonding of polycarbonate, Lexan® and Makrolon®
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is transparent and therefore perfect for almost invisible adhesions of polycarbonate
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is very fluid with high capillary action for excellent flow properties
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi does not affect the material properties after complete curing
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is not sensitive to frost as an adhesive or after bonding
POLYCARBONATprofi is an extremely varied adhesive, which is equally suitable for precise bonding of very small parts made of polycarbonate, or for flat bonding of plates. Thus, not only cracks and fractures on motorcycle helmet visors (do not use in the field of view) or plastic headlamps can be repaired very easily by cold welding., also containers and small greenhouses made of polycarbonate. For glazing windows made of impact-resistant, unbreakable plastic in plastic housings, the adhesive is also very well suited, since this polycarbonate permanently and safely bonds with many other plastics. Thanks to the fine dispensing needle, a very specific application of the adhesive is possible even in places which are difficult to reach.
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is ideal for repairing cracks and breaks in the material
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is suitable for repairing greenhouse shells made of polycarbonate
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is suitable for making polycarbonate containers and housings
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi is suitable for full-surface bonding of polycarbonate sheets
- S-Polybond POLYCARBONATprofi welds polycarbonate permanently and safely together
NOTE: In the case of polycarbonate sheets with coated surfaces, the adhesive effect can be negatively by the corresponding coating (for example scratch-resistant coatings), so that in such cases we recommend performing a test bond to samples in advance.
As with all adhesions, the adhesive spot should be cleaned properly in advance so that dust and grease (such as fingerprints) will not adversely affect the adhesive spot. A roughening of the surfaces is with our polycarbonate adhesive POLYCARBONATprofi not necessary, but it can improve the bond. The roughening of the surfaces to be bonded may affect the transparency of the bond. You can be dispensed with adhesion promoters such as primer.
If the parts to be joined are prepared for bonding, it is sufficient to fix them together as desired before bonding, in order to move along with the finely adjustable applicator needle along the bond in the next step. Thanks to the very high capillary action, the adhesive flows into the joint. Please make sure that you do not apply with any pressure or only with very little pressure on the adhesive bottle to avoid uncontrolled flow of the very runny adhesive.
For bonding bigger surfaces, apply the adhesive on one side of the surface so that it is sufficiently wetted, depending on the size of the adhesive surfaces, and bring the second part under pressure to the desired position. The consumption for flat gluing is about 150g - 250g per square meter. Fix the components sufficiently until completion of the curing.
Our POLYCARBONATprofi is very runny to ensure that the adhesive can flow into even the finest cracks or adhesive spots. If the flow rate of the adhesive is too strong, it is usually sufficient to press the supplied needle cap with a small pair of pliers, so that less adhesive can flow through the narrowed opening of the needle flap.
The water-like consistency of the polycarbonate adhesive has no gap-filling properties, so that the parts to be bonded should be in direct contact. If the distances between the parts to be joined are too large, welding can not be guaranteed.
TIP: In order to use the adhesive gap-filling, the adhesive can be thickened by the addition of up to 15% fine polycarbonate shavings by regular shaking or stirring.
- Processing temperature: +15°C to +25°C
- Wet gluing time: approx. 5 - 10 seconds (with one-sided application)
- Fixing time: approx. 180 minutes (at approx. +25°C)
- Curing time: approx. 24 hours (at approx. +25°C)
- Storage temperature: +10°C to +25°C
Before using our cold welding adhesive POLYCARBONATprofi you should follow the safety data sheet. Also observe the specifications for personal protective equipment. Only use the polycarbonate adhesive in well-ventilated areas and avoid contact with the skin or the eyes. Always keep the glue bottle closed when not using the glue and keep the glue out of the reach of children.
- H225 - Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
- H302 - Harmful if swallowed.
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation.
- H351 - Can probably cause cancer.
- H335 - May irritate the respiratory track.
- H336 - May cause drowsiness and dizziness.
For the full text of the hazard statements and the safety instructions, please refer to section 16 (1) of the safety data sheet.