1. The protection of your personal data associated with your visit to the web content during collection, processing and use is an extremely important concern for us. For this reason, we at S-Polytec GmbH would like to inform you comprehensively about the type, collection, use and storage of data. Your data will be protected within the framework of the legal regulations.
The operator is hereinafter referred to as the person responsible for operating the website or the online shop. This person is also responsible for the collection, use and storage of data, in particular personal data, which may result in the identifiability of a natural person
Data protection officer
The data protection officer is a natural person belonging to the company S-Polytec GmbH who is responsible for all queries relating to the collection, use and storage of personal data. In addition, the data protection officer is responsible for the deletion and correction of personal data and will provide information on the type, use and scope of the stored data upon request.
The Data Protection Officer shall also ensure that, when processing and using personal data, all measures are taken to ensure the best possible protection of personal data.
In the following, all persons, whether natural persons or legal entities, who use the operator's website are referred to as users. The use extends to all possible types provided by the operator of the website, such as visiting the website, reading content, creating a user account, ordering products offered, sending a message via the contact form, as well as all other functions provided by the operator.
Third parties are hereinafter referred to as all persons and/or bodies to whom personal data are transmitted that lie outside the responsibility of the operator of the website. A transfer of personal data takes place exclusively under consideration of the legal regulations for the fulfilment of the order placed by the user (e.g.: delivery of orders), for accounting purposes (e.g.: tax advisor, tax office) or in anonymised form for statistical evaluation via an external service provider (Google (TM) Analytics (TM)).
Website/ online shop/ web offer
Website or online shop or web offer shall be deemed to be designations for all content and functions which are made available to the user by the operator when the corresponding URL is called up.
The URL is the domain or web address that is entered in the browser or clicked on via a link. The operator is responsible for all contents of the URLs listed below, as well as all contents that can be reached via internal links.
Personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation is any information that relates to a natural person or can at least be related to a natural person and thus allows conclusions to be drawn about his or her personality and the identification of a person.
The following is a comprehensive list of the personal data that may be collected via the website. We will inform you in detail about the type of collection, the scope of use, as well as the storage and forwarding of the respective data in the respective areas concerned, which are associated with the use of the website.
2. Basically, the collection of personal data is not necessary for the use of the website. The provision of personal data for the execution of a registration, an enquiry, an evaluation and/or the execution of an order is voluntary on the part of the user. Furthermore, the operator of the website only collects data to the extent required by the user's desired use of the website.
1. When accessing the contents of this website, data is stored for statistical purposes and for internal system-related and external evaluation. In the following sections, we will provide you with comprehensive information on the statistical data involved, which also includes personal data.
Cookies or cookie information are stored locally in the browser, usually in a cookie text file. In subsequent further accesses to the web server, the client browser searches out all cookies of this domain that match the web server and the directory path of the current call. The cookies we use are intended to make it easier for the user to use the website. In addition, some of the cookies we use are relevant for the use of certain functions, such as querying which terminal the user is using to visit the website, in order to ensure an adapted display.
The following information is provided by us.
The following is a list of which general cookies may be collected via the website for functional and statistical purposes.
Most of the cookies used on this website are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your terminal device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser on your next visit. You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally, as well as activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. The steps required for these measures differ depending on the browser. For details on the settings, please refer to the information of your respective browser.
Other cookies that are specifically associated with the use of the online shop are explained to you separately on a information page on our cookies. Please note that deactivating cookies may impair the function of the website or the online shop. It is not guaranteed that you will be able to access all functions of this website without restrictions if you make the appropriate settings.
2. Additional personal data is only collected if you provide this information voluntarily, for example in the context of an enquiry, evaluation, order or registration (creation of a customer account).
1. The collection, use and storage of personal data always takes place in compliance with the statutory provisions. The use of the website may require the provision of personal data, without which the successful use of certain functions cannot be guaranteed. This refers, among other things, to the use of our contact form, the creation of a customer account or the execution of an order.
We would like to point out that the use of the web offer, as well as the respective functions, takes place at the express wish of the user. Therefore, all information is provided voluntarily, even if this information is obligatory in order to use a certain function. Which function requires which information, in particular personal data, and how this is collected, transmitted and used, is listed below.
3. Your data will not be passed on to third parties unless this is necessary to fulfil the function of the web offer requested by you and you have given your prior consent. You have the right to revoke your consent to the forwarding of your data at any time with effect for the future.
The use of the contact form of the website by the user is voluntary. Examples of the use of the contact form may include sending an enquiry about a specific product or service or requesting a quote for specific products and/or services of the operator/website. In addition, an application or a cooperation request can also be made via the contact form.
In order to use the contact form, personal data must be entered. Further personal data can be entered optionally, which means that the entry or omission of optional data does not affect or restrict the function of the contact form.
The email address is mandatory information without which the user's contact cannot be processed. The email address, like all other information, is transmitted via a secure, encrypted (TLS encryption) connection. The use of the email address is limited to the receipt of the email and a reply to this email address in relation to the contact.
The provision of the name by the user is voluntary and not required for the processing of a contact request. The name is used for a possible salutation when processing the contact via the contact form. In the event that the operator of the website contacts the user by telephone, it cannot be ruled out that the name will be protected from third parties. This applies in particular if the user does not answer the telephone call himself but another person does and, thus, a request for the user must be made. The same applies to the return of an email that does not directly reach the user.
The provision of the telephone number by the user is voluntary and not required for the processing of a contact request. The telephone number will be used if necessary for any queries by telephone. By providing the telephone number, the user expressly consents to being contacted by telephone as long as he/she does not object to this consent or the processing of the contact has been completed.
Personal data within the message
If personal data of any kind is entered in the input field of the message when contacting us (e.g. postal address of a company), this information is provided voluntarily by the user without affecting the function of the use of the contact form. The use of personal data may vary depending on the type of data, but is only ever carried out to the extent and for the purpose that corresponds to the contact made by the user.
Transfer, storage and disclosure of personal data through the use of the contact form
The transmission of all data, regardless of whether personal or general data via the message field, takes place via a secure, encrypted (TLS encryption) connection to our email server. The deletion of the transmitted data (concerns all personal data as well as general data of the contact) takes place immediately after the processing of the contact, by the permanent and irrevocable deletion of the incoming email as well as the email address itself. This refers to both the inbox and the outbox of our email server. When using our contact form, data is not stored for longer than the time required to process the contact. The data is not passed on to third parties.
The operator of the website provides the user with the function in the shopping basket to send himself the items in the shopping basket by email as an offer. This requires personal data, without which the use of the function cannot be guaranteed. The use of this function by the user is voluntary.
Collection of personal data when using the "Request a quote" function.
When using the "Request a quote" function in the shopping cart, personal data is collected. The function cannot be used without a large part of the personal data, as this is a significant component for the correct execution of the function. Below you will find all the data that must be provided when using the function.
Without this information, a correct determination of the shipping costs cannot be made or a delivery of the offer by email cannot be guaranteed. In addition, there are optional entries that have no effect on the function and are therefore not mandatory information for the use of the "Request offer" function in the shopping cart.
By providing the telephone number, the user expressly agrees that contact by the operator by telephone is permitted as long as the operator does not object to the use. The data is transmitted by email via a secure connection with TLS encryption.
Use of personal data when using the "Request a quote" function
All information provided by the user is voluntary, as use of the function is carried out by the user, but is not obligatory. All entries, in addition to the data of the products in the shopping cart (type, dimensions, quantity, price, item number, subtotal net incl. shipping, subtotal VAT, total), are sent by email to the email address entered by the user. In addition, the operator receives a copy of the email including all data for the purpose of contacting the user for any queries.
Storage of personal data when using the "Request a quote” function
The storage of the data-in particular the personal data (according to the collection of the data) is carried out by archiving the email in a folder on the email server. The duration of the storage corresponds in principle to the validity of the offer, unless the user objects to the storage beforehand. Upon expiry of the validity of the offer, the archived email, including all personal data, is permanently and irrevocably deleted from the email server. In the event of contact by the operator of the online shop, the storage of the personal data on the email server may be extended, but only up to the point in time at which the user makes a declaration of intent by accepting the offer (from this point in time, the statutory retention periods apply, for more details see Execution of an order) or rejects the offer, which results in the immediate deletion of the email and thus the deletion of all personal data. The customer has the possibility at any time to inform himself about the type and scope of the stored data or to request the deletion of the stored data.
Transmission of personal data when using the "Request a quote" function
The disclosure of data-in particular personal data-through the use of the "Request a quote" function in the shopping cart does not take place as long as the user does not make a declaration of intent by accepting the quote (for more details, see Execution of an order).
Collection and use of personal data for newsletters
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we require an e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter. The first name and surname are voluntary and are used for a personal form of address within the newsletters.
We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to ensure that the newsletter is sent in a consensual manner. In the course of this, the potential recipient allows himself to be added to a distribution list. Subsequently, the user is given the opportunity to confirm the registration in a legally secure manner by means of a confirmation e-mail. Only if the confirmation is given, the address is actively included in the distribution list.
We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and offers.
Transfer of personal data when using the newsletter
We use Newsletter2Go as our newsletter software. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is prohibited from selling your data and using it for purposes other than sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a German, certified provider, which was selected according to the requirements of the German Data Protection Regulation and the German Federal Data Protection Act.
You can find more information here: https://de.sendinblue.com/informationen-newsletter-empfaenger/
You can revoke your consent to the storage of data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time, for example via the "unsubscribe" link in the newsletter.
The data protection measures are always subject to technical updates, for this reason we ask you to inform yourself about our data protection measures at regular intervals by consulting our data protection declaration.
The creation of a user account is a function that the operator of the web offer makes available to users in order to simplify the use of the web offer. However, the creation of a user account is not required for the use of the website.
The creation and use of a user account is not required for the use of the website.
When creating and managing a user account, personal data is collected, processed and stored. Personal data will not be passed on to third parties unless an order is placed by the user (see next subsection). The user account is intended to allow the user to obtain information about order processes to store delivery and billing addresses, to manage product ratings, to manage wish lists or to manage payment releases. The user is free to use one or more of the functions provided by the operator.
Collection, use and storage of personal data when setting up a user account
In order to create a user account, personal data is collected that is required for the user to log in to the user account. These personal data are the user's email address and the password entered by the user (this is stored in encrypted form). In addition, personal data is collected that is used to address the user in the customer account and for automated email correspondence between the online shop and the user. These personal data are the first name and last name of the user. The data is stored using secure TLS encryption on the server-side database, which is protected from third-party access by modern server technologies. This data is not passed on to third parties. The user's login data can also be stored in cookies, provided that the user agrees to the storage of the login data via the browser.
Collection, use and storage of personal data when managing a user account
When the user administers the user account, further personal data may be collected. This information is not compulsory for the use of a user account and is only provided if the user provides personal data. This data is collected, among other things, when an order is placed or when billing and delivery addresses are created and managed in the address management of the user account.
If the user enters delivery or invoice addresses, these are stored in the user account. The data is stored in the database on the server, which is protected from access by third parties. The use of personal data in the form of delivery and billing addresses is limited to the selection made by the user during the ordering process. For all other functions provided in the user account, this data is stored within the secure database and can be created, edited and removed by the user in the user account. The exception to this is orders that have been executed, which are listed in the order overview and after entering at least one delivery and shipping address, this can be edited but not removed. If several addresses are created in the address book of the user account, the user has the option of deleting all addresses except for one standard address. The deletion of data is permanent and irrevocable.
Deletion of personal data when deleting a user account
If the user wishes to have the customer account deleted, he or she may do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer. The user is free to decide whether all user data should be removed or whether customer opinions (product ratings) should be retained. The stored data to be deleted, both personal data and data collected through the functions provided, but which do not allow any conclusions to be drawn as to the identifiability of a person, will then be immediately and completely deleted from the server. Exceptions to this are completed orders with the associated personal data, which are subject to statutory retention periods. If the user requests deletion of the user account, logging into the user account is no longer possible.
For the execution of an order by the user, personal data are collected, without which the order processing cannot take place. The personal data used in the order process is used for order processing by the operator and is passed on to third parties as a minimum for the fulfilment of the order
Collection, use and storage of personal data during orders
If a user executes an order without creating a user account or logging into an existing customer account, personal data required to execute the order will be collected. This data is used for invoicing and delivery. In addition, the customer will be informed by email about changes to the order process. If the user has a user account and uses it, existing personal data is accessed, which can, however, be changed or supplemented by the user in the ordering process. The following personal data are collected as a minimum during the execution of an order.
In addition, the user is free to provide optional information, which, however, has no effect on the order process as such.
The storage of the personal data of an executed order takes place on the one hand within the database on the server and on the other hand in printed form for the accounting department.
The use of the personal data of an executed order takes place on the one hand within the database on the server and in printed form for the accounting department.
The use of the personal data of a user's order is always carried out in accordance with the legal provisions. The email address used for the order is used to send status information about the order to the user (e.g. order confirmation) and is also passed on to the shipping service provider to inform the user about the status of the delivery (e.g. shipment tracking). Invoice and delivery addresses of an order executed by the user are used in the status emails of the respective order, as well as for the creation of the invoice and the delivery note. In addition, the delivery address is transmitted to the shipping service provider for delivery by the shipping service provider. The personal data on the invoice address and delivery address are used for internal accounting in accordance with the statutory provisions. In addition, the invoices are forwarded to a tax advisor so that the latter also obtains knowledge of specific personal data relating to the order. The telephone number is used by the operator for any queries regarding the order and is also transmitted to the shipping service provider, who uses it to inform the user of the time of delivery. Depending on the payment method selected, personal data may be transmitted to the payment service provider PayPal (for more details, see point 9 Use of PayPal (TM)).
The deletion of the personal data of an order carried out by the user can only take place if this data is not subject to the legal provisions on the obligation to retain data.
4. The deletion of the stored personal data shall take place if you revoke your consent to the storage, if the knowledge of the personal data is no longer required to fulfil the purpose pursued with the storage or if the storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons.
1. Personal data is only passed on to third parties if it is absolutely necessary for the execution of the processes carried out by the user. In addition, the disclosure of personal data is possible for accounting reasons and for statistical purposes in anonymised form.
For processes carried out by users (sample request, orders, offer or invoice by post, etc.), delivery by a shipping service provider may be necessary, which in turn requires the transfer of personal data. Below you will find a list of all processes carried out by the user that require delivery by a shipping service provider.
In order to complete the processes carried out by the user as described above, a transfer of personal data is required as follows.
External service providers for whom the transfer of personal data may be necessary are tax consultants, auditors, debt collection companies, lawyers or the court. Personal data is only transferred to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the respective order.
The disclosure of a user's personal data will only be made at the request of the respective authority and to the extent required by the authority, as well as in compliance with legal provisions.
1. Users have the right to request the rectification of personal data at any time. Please address your request in this regard to our data protection officer, stating the data to be changed. Various contact options are available to the user for this purpose. A correction of the data can be made by email, by telephone or by post. The contact information for our data protection officer can be found under "Item 1 General" above.
1. Users have the right to request the deletion-partial or complete-of personal data at any time. Please address your request in this regard to our data protection officer, stating the data to be deleted. Various contact options are available to the user for this purpose. Data deletion can be requested by email, by telephone or by post. The contact information for our data protection officer can be found under "Point 1 General" above.
2. However, data can only be deleted if they are no longer required for order processing or are subject to legal retention obligations when a contract is concluded. In this case, all personal data that are not subject to legal retention periods will be permanently deleted immediately after the user's request. In the event that deletion of personal data cannot be carried out, our data protection officer will immediately inform the user of the nature of the personal data and the reason why deletion cannot be carried out. Deletion of personal data after the expiry of the legal retention periods will take place immediately if the user has requested deletion.
1. Users have the right to obtain information at any time about which data concerning their person is stored and how it is used.
2. Of course, we will answer your request for information about the data stored about you immediately and free of charge. Please direct your request for information about the type and content of the data stored about you, as well as the request for processing, correction or deletion - in full or in part - to our data protection officer, whose contact details are listed above under "Item 1 General".
Information about the type, origin, scope and use of the personal data will be provided without delay by the means by which the request was made. In addition, in the case of personal data that is subject to a statutory retention period, it is possible to obtain information on the remaining duration of storage resulting from the statutory retention period.
1. The storage of personal data is carried out-taking into account all organisational and technical possibilities-in such a way that your personal data is not accessible to third parties. In the case of electronic correspondence by e-mail, complete data security cannot be guaranteed, so that we recommend that you send confidential information by post.
In order to increase our reach and to disseminate information about us and our products and services on other platforms/websites, we offer the possibility to get in touch with us on different social media websites
However, we have no influence on the processing of personal data by the respective website operators and therefore refer to the respective privacy statements of the website operators. As a rule, cookies are stored in your browser by the platform operator when you visit our social media offerings, in which your usage behaviour or interests are stored for market research and advertising purposes. In some cases, this also takes place across devices. The platform operators use the usage profiles obtained in this way to display personalised advertising to you. The data processing may also affect persons who do not have a user account with the corresponding social media platform. In addition, it cannot be ruled out that your data may also be processed outside the European Union, which can sometimes make it significantly more difficult to enforce your rights. However, when using social media platforms, we make sure that the operators undertake to comply with EU data protection standards and also have a valid EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
The processing of your personal data outside the European Union cannot be ruled out.
The processing of your personal data when visiting one of our social media offerings is based on the legitimate interest in a diverse external presentation of our company and the use of an effective information option as well as communication with you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Under certain circumstances, you may also have given your consent to the processing of your data to a platform operator, which is listed below; in this case, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO is the valid legal basis.
Data transfer may take place to a third country.
The provider has a valid EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK.
Provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
The data processing is carried out on the basis of an agreement on the joint processing of personal data pursuant to Art. 26 DSGVO.
Link to the agreement: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum
Data may be transferred to a third country
The provider has a valid EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK.
Provider: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Data may be transferred to a third country
The provider has a valid EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK.
Provider: Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA
Opt Out: https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy
Data may be transferred to a third country
The provider has a valid EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK.
Provider: Twitter Inc, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Data may be transferred to a third country
The provider holds a valid EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK.
Provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland
1. Payments by the user with the external online payment service provider PayPal are provided independently of the operator of the web offer as an offer of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg.
2. Should users decide to pay with the external online payment service provider PayPal as part of the ordering process, personal data will be transmitted to PayPal as part of the initiated order. The personal data transmitted to PayPal are mostly first name, last name, address, telephone number, IP address, e-mail address, as well as other data required for order processing. In addition, data is transmitted to PayPal that is related to the order, such as the number of items, item number, invoice amount, tax percentage, invoice information, etc.
Payment with PayPal is made voluntarily at the express request of the user by activating this payment option. The associated transmission of personal data is necessary for the processing of the order with the payment method selected by the user, in particular for the confirmation of the identity, the administration of the payment and the customer relationship.
Payment with PayPal is voluntary at the express request of the user by activating this payment option.
CAUTION: Personal data may also be passed on by PayPal to service providers, subcontractors or other affiliated companies, insofar as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations arising from the order or the personal data is to be processed on behalf. The transfer of personal data by PayPal is outside the responsibility of the operator of this website.
4. In addition to payment with PayPal, the user has other payment options at his disposal, which exclude the disclosure of data to third parties. If the user does not agree to the disclosure of personal data to PayPal, an alternative payment method must be selected for the completion of the order process.
1. Payments by the user with the external online payment service provider Skrill are provided independently of the operator of the web offer as an offer of Skrill Limited, 25 Canada Square, London E14 5LQ, United Kingdom and are processed via the so-called Skrill Wallet, which represents a virtual, electronic purse.
2. If users decide to pay with the external online payment service provider Skrill during the ordering process, personal data will be transmitted to Skrill, as well as to the operator of the selected payment method (e.g. Klarna, Visa, EPS, iDEAL, etc.) as part of the initiated order. By selecting this payment option, the data subject consents to the transmission of personal data required for payment processing. The personal data transmitted to Skrill are mostly first name, last name, address, telephone number, IP address, e-mail address, as well as other data required for order processing. In addition, data is transmitted to Skrill that is related to the order, such as the number of items, item number, invoice amount, taxes as a percentage, invoice information, etc., which, however, does not allow any conclusion to be drawn about the identity of the user.
Payment with Skrill is made voluntarily at the express request of the user by activating this payment option. The associated transmission of personal data is necessary for the processing of the order with the payment method selected by the user, in particular for the confirmation of the identity, the administration of the payment and the customer relationship. The user has the option to revoke the consent to the handling of personal data at any time vis-à-vis Skrill. A revocation does not affect personal data that must necessarily be processed, used or transmitted for (contractual) payment processing.
WARNING: Personal data may also be passed on by Skrill to service providers, subcontractors or other affiliated companies, insofar as this is necessary to fulfil the contractual obligations arising from the order or the personal data is to be processed on behalf of the customer. The transfer of personal data by the operating company Skrill Ltd. is outside the responsibility of the operator of this website.
3. Depending on the payment method provided and selected by Skrill, e.g. iDeal, Sofort (by Klarna) or EPS-Payment, the personal data exchanged by the data controller may be transmitted by Skrill to credit reference agencies. The purpose of this transmission is to check identity and creditworthiness in relation to the order placed by the user. You can find out which credit agencies are involved in detail and which data is generally collected, processed, stored and passed on by Skrill in Skrill's data protection declaration at https://www.skrill.com/en/footer/comprehensiveprivacypolicy/
4. In addition to payment with Skrill, other payment options are available to the user, which exclude the disclosure of data to third parties. If the user does not agree to the transfer of personal data to Skrill, an alternative payment method must be selected for the completion of the order process.
1. Our web offers do not use any tracking or web analysis services, so that personal data is not passed on in any way.