The special adhesive PEprofi of our own brand S-Polybond allows low-energy plastics, in particular polyethylene, to bond excellently. The particularly impact-resistant PE adhesive consists of two components (resin and hardener) with a mixing ratio of 10:1 and is free of solvents. The capacity is 37ml and can therefore be applied with any conventional glue gun for two-component adhesive cartridges up to 50ml.
S-Polybond PEprofi is especially suitable for the bonding of otherwise difficult to bond technical plastic polyethylene, such as PE-HD (high-density polyethylene), PE-HMW (PE500, high molecular weight polyethylene) or PE-UHMW (PE1000, very high molecular weight polyethylene). Also, polyethylene of different types can be bonded together permanently and securely, for example PE-HD with PE-500.
In addition, our S-Polybond PEprofi also bonds polyethylene with other plastics such as PP, ABS, Hard-PVC, PC, PMMA and many more. Even other materials such as metal, glass or wood can be glued with the 2-component adhesive, but we recommend at this point, depending on the material, the use of our cheaper 2-component adhesives Plexus MA310 or Plexus MA300.
PEprofi was specially developed for bonding polyethylene together, or with other plastics, as well as potting, sealing or encapsulating, this otherwise difficult to bond plastic and provides a durable and secure connection of the adherends. The temperature resistance of the special adhesive is after curing between -55°C to +80°C. The recommended working temperature is around + 20°C to + 25°C. Thanks to its very low viscosity, our PE adhesive can be perfectly mixed with the supplied mixing nozzle and applied very simply and in a targeted manner.
- S-Polybond PEprofi is a special adhesive for the bonding of polyethylene such as PE-HD, PE-HMW or PE-UHMW
- S-Polybond PEprofi contains tiny spacer beads for an optimal joint width between the substrates
- S-Polybond PEprofi is ideal for bonding materials with different coefficients of expansion
- S-Polybond PEprofi requires no pre-treatment of the surfaces to be bonded (cleaning excluded)
- S-Polybond PEprofi can also be used very easily even on uneven surfaces
To apply our special adhesive for polyethylene (such as PE-HD, PE-HMW, PE-UHMW) on a 2-component basis, a special applicator gun is required for 2-component adhesives with a slide for the mixing ratio 10:1, which is suitable for 50ml double cartridges. Before applying the adhesive, the surfaces to be bonded must be well cleaned with a suitable cleaner to rid the surfaces of dust, grease and oil or other contaminants that may affect the adhesion.
With an adhesive thickness of 0,2mm to 0,3mm optimal strength is achieved. After application, the double cartridge can be closed again with the supplied closure in order to use the remaining adhesive at a later time. Clean the adherends from excess, swelling adhesive, as well as contaminants on the glue gun or cartridge before the adhesive cures with a suitable cleaner, because after curing of the adhesive mixture, this is difficult to remove mechanically.
- Processing temperature: +20°C to +25°C
- Processing time: 4 - 6 minutes
- Fixing time: 90 - 180 minutes (at approx. +25°C)
- Curing time: 8 - 24 hours (at approx. +25°C)
- Layer thickness: 0,2mm – 0,3mm
- Professional glue gun for 2-component adhesives for 37ml or 50ml double cartridges
- Disposable adhesive mixer for 2-component adhesives in the 37ml or 50ml standard double cartridge
NOTE: An adhesive mixer is included. The mixers are no longer to be used after application and should be disposed of properly.
Before using the 2-component adhesive PEprofi the safety data sheets of the two components and the technical data sheet should be observed. Also observe the specifications for personal protective equipment. Use the PE adhesive only in well-ventilated areas and avoid contact with the skin or the eyes. Always keep the adhesive cartridge closed when not using the adhesive and keep the adhesive out of the reach of children.
- H302 - Harmful if swallowed.
- H317 - May cause allergic reactions.
- H318 - Causes extremely eye damage.
- H334 - May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H341 - May cause genetic defects.
- H360D - May damage the unborn child.
- H410 - Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
For the full text of the hazard statements and the safety instructions, please refer to section 16 (1) of the safety data sheets for the components resin and hardener.