Our welding rod for polypropylene with a diameter of 3mm in the colour grey, is used for the permanent welding of our PP sheets, as it is not possible to bond polypropylene with conventional adhesives. Our grey PP welding rod in 3mm thickness is perfectly suitable for welding our PP sheets in lower thicknesses. For thicker sheets, we also stock PP welding wire in 4mm diameter.
With us you can buy PP welding wire by the metre at favourable graduated prices according to your requirements.
With us, you are not forced to purchase whole rolls of our 3mm thick PP welding wire, but can order exactly the quantity you need for welding your polypropylene sheets. We recommend that you allow for a buffer of about half a metre so that you still have enough welding rod for the run-out at the end of the weld. Simply enter your required quantity in metres in the input field for the number of pieces and benefit from our favourable graduated prices.
- Physiologically safe according to BfR
- Food conformity according to EU 10/2011
- Food conformity FDA
- REACH (EU Chemicals Regulation)
- RoHS (Regulation on the Prohibition of Hazardous Substances in the Electrical Industry)
- PAK (Directive on compliance with limit values for polyaromatic hydrocarbons)
- Our PP welding rod is only suitable for welding polypropylene together
- For welding our PP welding rod we recommend a hot air fan welder
- It is strongly recommended to pay attention to the correct processing temperature for PP welding rod
- Our PP welding rod in a thickness of 3mm, is preferably suitable for smaller sheet thicknesses
In order for a weld seam to succeed, it is very important to pay attention to the correct processing temperature when welding polypropylene. The ideal temperature range for our PP welding rod in grey with a diameter of 3mm is a maximum of +280°C, but it should not fall below a temperature of +230°C. Excessively high temperatures cause the material to be welded to burn and this has a negative effect on the quality of the weld seam.
If you prefer to glue your polypropylene sheets instead of welding them, this can only be done with specially developed plastic adhesives, such as our 2-component adhesive PPprofi of our own brand S-Polybond which enables reliable bonding of polypropylene.